Interlibrary loan policy
Interlibrary loan, through all available services, is intended to broaden access to materials for SHU researchers by borrowing items from other libraries.
I. Interlibrary Loan is available to the following patrons:
- Faculty, emeriti, seminarians, staff and administrators at SHU
- Currently enrolled SHU students
II. Seton Hall University Library will not borrow or lend the following materials via interlibrary loan, except at the discretion of a subject librarian:
- Reference or Reserve Books
- Whole issues or volumes of current periodicals
- Books in heavy use
- CDs and other audio/visual materials
III. The library will not loan materials in special collections.
IV. Please note the following limitations:
- Up to 20 interlibrary loan requests per week may be submitted
- Before submitting a request, please check to determine whether the material is already available in the SHU Library's collections.
- Specific articles from journals may be requested. Requests for several articles from the same issue of a journal may represent a substantial portion of the publication and may be subject to agreed-upon Fair Use guidelines.
- Charges incurred for books and photocopies borrowed by SHU will be subsidized by the University Libraries for up to $20 per transaction.
- Charges in excess of $20 per transaction will be the responsibility of the SHU patron. Patrons will be advised of potential charges and asked whether (s)he wishes to proceed with the transactions.
- All fines incurred for overdue, lost or damaged ILL books will be paid by the SHU patron.