Call the Reference Desk at 973 761-9437
Send an email to Ask a Librarian with a specific question
Contact a Subject Librarian Specialist
For problems with ID and passwords, or technical issues, contact the
Information Technology Help Desk at 973 275-2222.
1. Go to the Library Home Page.
2. Select Databases in the tabs above the SHUSearch box.
3. Search for the database of choice.
ACCESS ELECTRONIC JOURNALS
- use the search box OR
- use theJournals A-Z List
Upon selection of your title, check the dates for full text availablity.
Click on the database that provides the desired journal title.
Some databases will prompt you for Pirate Net user name and password.
A few require a unique password.
If you cannot find the journal you need, request it through Interlibrary Borrowing
ACCESS ELECTRONIC RESERVES
- Log into your Pirate Net account
- Click on Blackboard at the upper right of site
- Click on the course under My Courses from which you wish to view eResources
- On the left navigational bar, click on Research Guide or Library/eReserves
- From the resulting ResearchGuide page, click on “Go to Link”
- Click “Continue” on next page or choose your course from the resulting list
- Click the PDF from the resulting list to view the eReserve item or
- Click on link to identify item that is at the Circulation Desk in library
GET A BOOK OR ARTICLE FROM ANOTHER LIBRARY Interlibrary Borrowing is a service free to all Seton Hall University students, faculty and staff.
Access the form under the Services tab on the library homepage
- Article requests will be sent to your SHU email address.
- Books will have to be picked up at the Circulation Desk in the library.
The onsite Reciprocal Borrowing Program of VALE (Virtual Academic Library Environment), a consortium of New Jersey academic libraries, is available to Seton Hall faculty and students.
- Before visiting a lending library, you need a “VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application”
- signed by a Seton Hall librarian at the Circulation Desk.
For details, please contact the Reference Desk at 973 761-9437.