How do I....?
General Information--How Do I.....?
Call the Reference Desk at 973 761-9437
Send an email to Ask a Librarian with a specific question
Contact a Subject Librarian Specialist
For problems with ID and passwords, or technical issues, contact the
Information Technology Help Desk at 973 275-2222.
1. Go to the Library Home Page.
2. Select Databases under "FIND" on the top bar of the home page.
3. Search for the database in the Database A-Z List.
4. Once you select a database enter your Pirate Net username and password.
Special passwords page: http://academic.shu.edu/libraries/db/db_guide.htm
- Go to the library home page
- Select the E-journals tab above the main search box
- To locate a particular journal title
- use the search box OR
- use the E-Journals A-Z List
Upon selection of your title, note the period of availability for full-text articles.
You can now link directly to the holding database.
Some databases will prompt you for Pirate Net user name and password.
A few require a unique password.
If you cannot find the e-journal you need, check Paper/Microform Journals.
You will need to come into the library to use these journals.
They do not circulate, so be prepared to make photocopies.
If you cannot find the journal you need, request it through Interlibrary Borrowing.
- Log into your Pirate Net account
- Click on Blackboard at the upper right of site
- Click on the course under My Courses from which you wish to view eResources
- On the left navigational bar, click on LibGuide or Library/eReserves
- From the resulting LibGuide page, click on “Go to Link”
- Click “Continue” on next page or choose your course from the resulting list
- Click the PDF from the resulting list to view the eReserve item or
- Click on link to identify item that is at the Circulation Desk in library
This service is free to all Seton Hall University students, faculty and staff.
Access the form under the "Using the Library" tab on the library homepage
- Article requests will be sent to your SHU email address.
- Books will have to be picked up at the Circulation Desk in the library.
The onsite Reciprocal Borrowing Program of VALE (Virtual Academic Library Environment), a consortium of New Jersey academic libraries, is available to Seton Hall faculty and students.
- Before visiting a lending library, you need a “VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application”
- signed by a Seton Hall librarian at the Circulation Desk.
For details, please contact the Reference Desk at 973 761-9437.