General Information--How Do I.....?
Call the Reference Desk at 973 761-9437
Send an email to Ask a Librarian with a specific question
Contact a Subject Librarian Specialist
For problems with ID and passwords, or technical issues, contact the
Information Technology Help Desk at 973 275-2222.
1. Go to the Library Home Page.
2. Select Databases in the tabs above the SHUSearch box.
3. Search for the database in the Database A-Z List.
4. Once you select a database enter your Pirate Net username and password.
Special passwords page click here
ACCESS ELECTRONIC JOURNALS
- Go to the library home page
- Select the E-journals tab above the main search box
- To locate a particular journal title
- use the search box OR
- use the E-Journals A-Z List
Upon selection of your title, check the dates for full text availablity.
Click on the database that provides the desired journal title.
Some databases will prompt you for Pirate Net user name and password.
A few require a unique password.
If you cannot find the e-journal you need, check the Paper/Microform Journals link near the top of the journals page.
You will need to come into the library to use these journals.
They do not circulate, so be prepared to make photocopies.
If you cannot find the journal you need, request it through Interlibrary Borrowing
- Log into your Pirate Net account
- Click on Blackboard at the upper right of site
- Click on the course under My Courses from which you wish to view eResources
- On the left navigational bar, click on LibGuide or Library/eReserves
- From the resulting LibGuide page, click on “Go to Link”
- Click “Continue” on next page or choose your course from the resulting list
- Click the PDF from the resulting list to view the eReserve item or
- Click on link to identify item that is at the Circulation Desk in library
This service is free to all Seton Hall University students, faculty and staff.
Access the form under "Using the Library" tab on the library homepage.
Or complete a book or article request form here.
Article requests will be sent to your SHU email address.
Books will have to be picked up at the Circulation Desk in the library.
The onsite Reciprocal Borrowing Program of VALE (Virtual Academic Library Environment),
a consortium of New Jersey academic libraries, is available to Seton Hall faculty and students.
Before visiting a lending library, you need a “VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application”
Signed by a Seton Hall librarian at the Circulation Desk.
For details please contact the Reference Desk at 973 761-9437.
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079
Phone: 973 761-9435
Reference desk: 973 761-9437
Fax: 973 761-9432