Lynda.com Training Tutorials
Lynda.com (http://www.lynda.com/) is a website that offers video training tutorials on a wide variety of topics, including software use, home computing, project management, web design, and business. Please see the full library of subjects and courses here: http://www.lynda.com/subject/all.
The Library has 2 licenses for Lynda.com.
- 1 license is permanently assigned to me as sub-administrator.
- 1 license is available for use on a rotating, as-needed basis.
Requesting a License for Lynda.com
In order to request a license for Lynda.com, please follow these procedures:
- A ticket must be entered requesting access.
- See https://shulibrary.zendesk.com/entries/25041736 for instructions on entering tickets.
- The department head of the area in which an individual works must enter the ticket - indicating their approval of the request.
- In the ticket, please indicate the following information:
- Who needs access?
- What course(s) do they anticipate taking?
- What period of time do they anticipate needing access for?
- Once the ticket has been entered, I will determine whether or not a license is available or can be made available for you.
- If a license is available, I will create an account for you in Lynda (if you don't have one already) and we will verify your access.
- If a license is not available, I will explain the reasons why and you can request that I reevaluate that particular case of license prioritization.
Please keep the following in mind when requesting access:
- Other individuals may be actively using their licenses, and so there may not be any available.
- Since licenses are assigned on a rotating, as-needed basis, an individual may have their license revoked if their account has been inactive for extended periods of time beyond what was approved in their original request. If an individual is underutilizing their account and there is a demonstrated need for someone else to gain access, this will occur.
- Since licenses can be rotated, we can always speak with an active user and have their license temporarily reassigned to another individual.
- If an individual needs an extension on time for their license, please indicate this desire by opening a ticket with this information and the reasons for an extension.
- I will never deactivate anyone's access without prior notification.