STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (SLOs)
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME I
- BASIC: Students will derive a question from a research need.
- INTERMEDIATE: Students will identify key concepts within their question.
- ADVANCED Students will develop a conceptual framework for their research.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME II
- BASIC: Students will find and use select resources to begin the research process.
- INTERMEDIATE: Students will identify the most relevant research tools for their research.
- SLO ADVANCED II Students will demonstrate the ability to utilize the research tool(s) of their discipline(s).
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME III
- BASIC: Students will generate keywords and modify their search to limit or expand their results, relevant to their question.
- INTERMEDIATE: Students will incorporate discipline-specific vocabulary and tools related to their research need, and utilize select library services (incl. research consultations, interlibrary borrowing)
- ADVANCEDStudents will demonstrate advance-level search skills, build on existing research, and find and synthesize new information.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME IV
- BASIC: Students will examine, compare and differentiate information from a variety of sources and formats in order to evaluate authority, accuracy, timeliness, and point of view or bias.
- INTERMEDIATE: Students will determine if their original question has been satisfied and if additional information is needed.
- ADVANCED: Students will integrate new information with previous information or knowledge, and substantiate their choices.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME V
- BASIC: Students will begin to identify and cite their sources.
- INTERMEDIATE: Students will cite their sources according to the style accepted within their discipline, and prepare and compile a bibliography.
- ADVANCED: Students will integrate sources into their work, and demonstrate an understanding of the literature within the scope of their discipline.
Last updated 3/28/2016