Seton Hall University is the main locus for the study of Catholicism within New Jersey, but there are neighboring academic and religious based archival repositories and libraries that feature different collections related to the Catholic Church. Links and abstracts are provided to find out more about these distinctive source materials include the following research centers both statewide.
Caldwell College - http://www.caldwell.edu/library/
• Founded in 1939 and located in Caldwell, NJ, this institution is administered by the Dominican Sisters of Caldwell. The college houses archival records representing the institution, but also has papers that focus on the activities of this order.
College of St. Elizabeth - http://www.cse.edu/academics/mahoney-library/
• Founded in 1899 and located in Convent Station, NJ, the College of St. Elizabeth is administered by the Sisters of Charity. The college houses archival records representing the institution, but also has papers that focus on the activities of this order.
Center for Catholic Women's History - http://www.cse.edu/about-cse/centers/ccwh/
Drew University -http://www.drew.edu/library/special-collections
• Founded in 1857 and located in Madison, NJ, this institution is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. The college houses archival records representing the institution, but also is the home of the United Methodist Archives and History Center. (Please see link below)
Felician College - http://felician.libguides.com/libraries
Founded in 1923 and located in Lodi as the Immaculate Conception Normal School, this post-secondary institution located is administered by the Franciscan Sisters of Felician. The college houses archival records representing the institution.
St. Benedict’s Preparatory School & Abbey - http://www.sbp.org/RelId/33637/ISvars/default/Home.htm
• Founded in 1868 and located in Newark, this secondary academy is administered by the Order of St. Benedict. The school houses archival records representing the institution, Benedictine history and the Abbey proper.
St. Peter’s University - http://www.saintpeters.edu/library/
• Founded in 1872 and located in Jersey City, this post-secondary institution is administered by the Society of Jesus. The college houses archival records representing the institution. Also included are the Papers of former State Senator and United States Congressman Frank Guarini of Hudson County.
University Archives - http://www.saintpeters.edu/library/guarini-center-for-community-memory/
United Methodist Archives and History Center of the United Methodist Church (GCAH) - http://www.gcah.org/
• Located on the campus of Drew University, the GCAH is the primary center for the historical preservation of the United Methodist Church. There are various Catholic related materials within their collections and can be found via their search engine...
Search the GCAH Archives - http://www.gcah.org/research/search-the-archives