As of April 1, 2021, we have upgraded traditional SciFinder to SciFinder-n.
If you already have a SciFnder account, you will be able to log into SciFinder-n at https://scifinder-n.cas.org using your existing credentials. If you log into traditional SciFinder you will see a redirect message:
New users will need to register for SciFinder-n using your SHU email address, and then create an ID and password to set up your account. Normally you have to do this on campus, but during the pandemic you should be able to do it from off campus as well. Once you have set up an account you can access SciFinder-n from any computer.
You need to be on-campus to set up your account (once your account is created, you will be able to access it from off-campus as well). Here are the steps
1. Go to the SciFinder Online Registration page: click here
2. You should see "Welcome to SciFinder-n - we are going to register you as a new user" - click on "NEXT"
3. Complete the registration form.
a. In the contact information “email” box, use your SHU email address.
b. You choose your username and password: username 5-15 characters (can have letters and numbers); password 7-15 characters that include: upper and lowercase letters (at least one upper case and one lower case), Numbers and Non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., @, #, %, &, *)
4. Click on “register” (if all is well, the next page will say that you will receive an email message from CAS with further instructions)
5. When you receive the email (it usually comes quickly), read the agreement, and click on the link to complete your registration and log in to SciFinder-n.
If you have any questions, please contact CAS Customer Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-753-4227 (North America) or +1 614-447-3731 (outside of North America).