Library Laptop Loan Procedures
- Laptops are loaned from the University Library Circulation Desk for a four-hour period, on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Seton Hall University students, faculty and staff must present a valid Seton Hall Student or Employee ID card and complete this agreement form to receive a loaner. Loaners are for in-library use only.
- Laptops must be returned to the University Library Circulation Desk by the end of the four-hour loan period.
- Laptops are always due back by 1:00am or one hour prior to closing if the library closes before 2:00am, regardless of the typical four-hour loan period. Overnight checkout is not permitted.
Library Laptop Loan Terms and Conditions
- Borrower agrees to accept the laptop “as is.” In no event shall the University be liable for any incidental, special, indirect, or consequential damage of whatever nature arising out of any claim alleging the University’s failure to perform its obligations under this agreement or its alleged breach of any duty.
- Borrower agrees not leave the laptop unattended at any time, and will protect it from damage. Borrower will not tamper with the hardware or existing software, and is responsible for tracking the time the equipment and all accessories are due.
- Borrower agrees to return the equipment to the University Library Circulation Desk on or before the time specified above in the same condition as on the beginning of the agreement, less reasonable wear & tear, and in accordance with current University policy. This includes the laptop, adapter, case, and any other peripherals distributed.
- Borrower to abide by all SHU Department of Information Technology policies (https://www13.shu.edu/offices/technology/policies.cfm) and all applicable local, state, and federal laws during the loan term.
- All files saved on the hard drive will be removed when the laptop is returned. The Library accepts no responsibility for files lost or damaged while using the laptop equipment. Patrons may save their documents by e-mailing them as attachments, saving them to a USB drive, or uploading them to the cloud.
- Borrow is responsible for loss, theft, or damage to the equipment & any peripherals. The Bursar account of the borrower will be charged a fee of up to $1,000 for the repair or replacement of any lost, stolen, or damaged equipment & peripherals.
- Any incidents of loss, theft, damage, or malfunction must be reported immediately to the Circulation Desk, either in-person, by phone (973-761-9443), or via email (email@example.com).
- If the borrower fails to return the equipment and/or peripherals after the four-hour loan period, a fee of $12.00 per hour will be assessed on the borrowers library account, until the materials are returned.
- If the borrower fails to return the equipment and/or peripherals after 24 hours overdue, the borrower is subject to criminal prosecution or civil liability and will be assessed the full replacement cost of all materials.
- Seton Hall University Library is not liable for any injury which may occur while using this equipment.