Seton Hall University Libraries strives to provide the best service to all students, faculty, and staff. In particular, we encourage distance students and faculty to borrow books from our collection and request items through ILL/EZborrow.
If your request is time sensitive, we encourage you to check your local library to see if the item is available.
Policy for distance learners:
- In order to partake of our distance-learning services, our library users must live more than 50 miles from campus and not travel to campus regularly.
- Students must be enrolled full-time.
- We are only able to provide this service to students and faculty located within the United States.
- Physical requests will not be fulfilled if an eBook or free equivalent copy is available online. We encourage patrons to request needed chapters or sections of book within the Fair Use Guidelines.
- Items must be returned to the library on the due date. Please be mindful of shipping times. Items should be shipped with tracking. We encourage the use of UPS, but understand if this creates a hardship. USPS also can provide tracking.
- It is the responsibility of the student or faculty member to verify their shipping address. We will reach out to confirm the address before shipping. No items will be sent prior to that confirmation. If we do not receive confirmation requests will be cancelled.
- Items are the responsibility of the student, staff, or faculty member when they are shipped. Regular fines, as well as repair or replacement fees will apply.
To qualify as a distance learner:
- Patrons must reach out to the Access Services Librarian, Kaitlin Kehnemuyi, to establish they qualify for shipping as a distance learner. Requests and emails must be sent with SHU email/ID.
- Patrons must email when making a request to let Access Services know the request number and title of item requested.