Library instruction by the University's librarian faculty helps students learn how to more efficiently and effectively use library resources in studying, conducting research, and in writing a paper.
- Library Instruction works best when it is presented in conjunction with a professor's specific assignment so that the librarian can focus the instruction on the research skills, concepts, and resources that students will put to use in their research and writing process.
- Lessons are flexible and can take up an entire class period or less, depending on the research needs and requests of the professor.
- Multiple sessions to cover extensive topics can also be arranged.
- Online materials can be developed to support the research needs of a class. These can include online research guides, videos, or interactive tutorials.
- Library instruction must be scheduled one week prior to the requested date for instruction.
- Please note that the classroom professor is expected to attend the session, as this reinforces the importance of the material to students.
Please fill out the form below to request a class. Your request will be forwarded to a library subject liaison for Library Instruction. All requests will be confirmed.