Welcome to Your Library
Welcome Spring, and welcome to the library
New journals from IOP
We are delighted to announce that we have just acquired IOPScience, a package of over 70 current journals from the Institute of Physics and its publishing partners. These are primarily Physics journals, but some may be of interest to chemists.
Click here for access. Sign up using your SHU email. You will then receive instructions on how to register and download the software.
Seton Hall University Libraries Chemistry research guide
Welcome to the University Libraries Chemistry research guide. I hope it will bring you and Chemistry-related resources together, and help you to find and enjoy all that our library has to offer. This guide is a work in progress, and I welcome suggestions for improvement
How to set up your SciFinder Web Account
You need to be on-campus to set up your account (once your account is created, you will be able to access it from off-campus as well). Here are the steps
1. Go to the SciFinder Online Registration page: click here
2. You should see “Welcome to User Registration for SciFinder®! – click on “NEXT”
3. Complete the registration form.
a. In the contact information “email” box, use your SHU email address.
b. You choose your username and password: username 5-15 characters (can have letters and numbers); password 7-15 characters that include: upper and lowercase letters (at least one upper case and one lower case), Numbers and Non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., @, #, %, &, *)
4. Click on “register” (if all is well, the next page will say that you will receive an email message from CAS with further instructions)
5. When you receive the email (it usually comes quickly), read the agreement, and click on the link to complete your registration and log in to SciFinder.
(click here for more detailed instructions)
Quick Questions / Problems?
Call the Reference Desk:
Information Technology Help Desk 973-275-2222. For problems with Email ID and password, or other technical issues.
email a question: Ask a Librarian
Need In Depth Research Help?
Make an appointment with a reference librarian for an individual or small group session